A HUGE THANKS TO ALL THE MEN AND WOMEN WHO SERVED AND WHO ARE CURRENTLY SERVING IN THE MILITARY
“The information and opinions contained in this Internet site do not reflect the official policy or position of the United States Government, United States Air Force, or Jeanne M. Holm Center for Officer Accessions and Citizen Development.”
CADET HONOR CODE
Students, Parents and Guardians,
Welcome to the back class everyone!
We will officially start classes on-line the 13th of April! Yay we are back!
This on-line class will be a first for us all, so let's make the best of it. I know these are crazy times, but lets focus on making the best of it and find ways to improve. Please remember to post any questions or comments in the google classroom. Students will receive an invitation to join the classroom soon after this e-mail goes out. Remember, official classes will start on 13 April. As we do this we will find new and better ways to stay connected!
Until then, please feel free to post in the classroom to stay connected and let us know how you are doing. You can start reading below so you know what to expect, but you do not need to start doing any schoolwork yet. I miss your ugly mugs!!!
On 13 April start by reading the items below:
1. First thing, give us a quick post! Let us know how you are doing and if you need anything from us (other than toilet paper).
2. Second, know that we understand that not everyone has the same availability to computers, internet, time, etc. so we do not want you to spent more that 1.5 hours in class time here each week. I repeat, you do not have to spent to much time in any work you get from us. We will work with each one of you and your circumstances. The main objective is that you do your best to stay engaged and that we continue learning as best we can.
3. Once we start on 13 April, first Read the provided material posted in the Classwork tab.
4. Then second, Review the power point posted in the Classwork tab.
5. We will post the PT workout every week as a way to help us stay fit! Just let us know when you did it, how it was, and any suggestions you could have right here in a post.
Also, know that our cadets staff is starting to once again lead in this new age of remote teamwork and are planning on different ways to continue our mission and improving our unit. Stay tuned for their amazing ideas!
Please stay safe and healthy. I really miss you all and can't wait to see you again soon. This will pass, and life will resume in normalcy soon enough, but until then lets stay connected, take care of each other and continue learning and growing!
Javier F. Martin-Vinas, MSgt (Ret.), USAF
Aerospace Science Instructor
McNary High School OR-20121